About Me

My photo
50ish gal who views the world with a bit of cynicism. Our world is full of hilarity at every turn, and I feel the need to express my views on it. Others may think it, I say it.

Followers

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Do you trust anyone?

I saw a commerical early this morning about a service called "Been Verified.com".


You can now run, for a small fee, a background check on your doctor, accountant, plumber, electrician, teacher and a multitude of others you may come into contact with on a daily basis. And, you are STRONGLY urged to do it. God only knows who's lurking around just waiting to take advantage of you.

I don't know about you, but I have had the same doctor for almost twenty years. I am dreading the day he retires, which will be sooner than later. In finding a new one, I will ask friends for a recommendation.

Or, I can pick one out of the phone book and do a Been Verified search on him. That way, I can find out if he's a pedophile, an alcoholic or any number of other savory tidbits about him. Yea, I think I'll do that. I'll sleep so much better knowing that the doctor I picked has Been Verified!

I think alot of us also use the same plumber, electrician and auto mechanic. You build relationships with these guys and you trust them. They have been in your house a number of times and nothing has gone missing, but you know, there is always a chance. Late at night, you can't sleep and you start thinking about Milt the plumber. He's been acting a little strange lately. Let's do a Been Verified just to make sure. I know he's been my neighbor for twenty years and he's my son's godfather, but.... Never mind that both of his parents just passed away and he's got other stuff on his mind.

What about my accountant? He's getting ready to sell his practice to a kid right out of college. He's had one tax season too many.

Is he really selling because he's had it or are those rumors swirling around about him and the Roller Derby queen true? Or maybe, he's in trouble with the IRS and needs to hot foot it out of town. Let Been Verified him to find out, and while we are at it, let's Been Verified the kid he sold the practice to. I know he's young and right out of school, but he might have smoked some pot in college. We'll get to the bottom of it!

The beauty of Been Verified is that it has been featured on many websites and in many publications. MSNBC, CBS, New York Times, TMZ (now there's a reputable site) and others. While they are screaming at you from the TV to never trust anyone, the fine print says their information may not be 100% accurate and they don't make any representation of anyone's character. How many people have the same name? Do you see where this could be a problem? If you are that leary of everyone you come across in a days time, you have much bigger issues at hand.

You can also access this wonderful and much needed service via your mobile device. No more waiting until you get home or to the office. You can also search property records, do a social search (?) and a reverse phone number search. Really? Why? There are much more productive ways to spend your time.


Have you Been Verified?

No comments:

Post a Comment